Re: Highlighted in X, is there a buffer ?

* Bill Moseley (moseley@hank.org) [030205 17:41]:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Thorsten Haude wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > * Timothy Ball <timball@tux.org> [2003-02-05 18:27]:
> > >Have a read at what a horrible nightmare cut&paste is under X.
> > >http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html
> >
> > I can't find any thing horrible in this text.
>
> I actually like two buffers.  Not that it always works.
>
> Although what I don't like is
>
> - double-click a URL in some text in xterm
> - move to mozilla
> - click in the Location box
> - move hand keyboard to type ^U to clear
> - move hand back
> - middle click to paste
>
> I'm sure someone will point out an easier way.

double-click URL in some text in xterm
move to mozilla
middle-click in the page-rendering area (not the location bar)

> At least in Opera I can right click and select "Clear" to keep from moving
> my hand too and from the keyboard.

With this, your clicking target is huge (almos the entire size of a
virtual desktop in my case) so it's very fast and easy.  No aiming at
the location bar, no aiming at context menus.

Optionally add in a "ctrl-t" between moving to mozilla and middle-
clicking and you'll then get a new tab in which to paste the url, in
case you want it.

good times,
Vineet
--