Re: Canon Powershot A40 support?

Anthony Campbell wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a Canon Powershot A40 but need to confirm that it
is supported in Linux. The gphoto2 website only lists the A50, which
seems to be an older model. One or two people found on Google seem to
think the A40 is supported but I need to be sure. Has anyone here used
this camera?

AC
I have this camera; it works to my satisfaction with Testing and a 2.4.x kernel, but the way I do it wouldn't work for Grandma. I suspect it could be made easier; I just have never bothered.

Kent