Framebuffer logo.

Is there any way to *completely disable* the logo when using a
framebuffered console, other than just hacking kernel to tell it not to
show a logo (which works)?  I didn't see anything along the lines of a
useful pragma for telling Linux to boot sans logo.

I'm not looking for a way to *replace* the logo; I just want it gone,
without having to hack the kernel if I can avoid it (hard to keep things
standardized that way).

If a way doesn't exist, maybe I'll just write a bloody patch.

Thanks!