Re: kernel compile failure

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:30:20PM -0600, Michael Heironimus wrote:
> The first thing to check when you get strange inconsistent errors in a
> compile is bad hardware, bad memory seems to be a particularly common
> cause.
I tried memtest from the memtest86 and after 8 tests (which took about 5
hours) it found nothing.  I'm not exactly sure how to test any of my
other hardware.  Any suggestions?  The weird thing is that I use this
system everyday as my desktop and I only have these problems when I
compile the kernel.

--
http://torrin.dyndns.org
http://www.torrin.net