Re: LTSP & TFTP on Woody

-------- Original Message --------

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

sdownes wrote:
> I've installed the Linux Terminal Server .debs on my file server &
I'm=20
> trying to run an old machine from it. I have got the DHCP working & the=
=20
> terminal is finding its address & asking for the kernel but then
nothing.
>=20
> I've installed TFTP & it is in inetd.conf & services but I think it
isn't=
=20
> listening fot the call from the workstation.=20
>=20
> I've tried the tftp -s option & normal & adjusted the dhcp command to
sui=
t=20
> & everything else I can think of.=20
>=20
> How can I tell whether tftp is listening & if not why not?
>=20

Try looking in /var/log/syslog; that is where my tftp requests show up. I
can't really help with the entry in /etc/inetd.conf since I use
/etc/xinetd.conf. Here are my entries for LTSP in xinetd.conf:

service bootps
{
	socket_type     =3D dgram
	protocol        =3D udp
	wait            =3D yes
	user            =3D root
	server          =3D /usr/sbin/bootpd
	server_args     =3D -i -t 120
}

service tftp
 {
 	socket_type	=3D dgram
 	protocol	=3D udp
 	wait		=3D yes
 	user		=3D root
 	server		=3D /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
 	server_args	=3D -s /tftpboot
 	disable	 	=3D no
 	 }
--=20

Yes that helped. TFTP is not running properly. the DHCP lines show in
syslog & the fact that it can't find tftp is also shown.

Sadly xinet looks very different from inet so I'll have to follow up that.

Many thanks for your help

Steve