Re: Lordsutch Netinst cd's still being maintained?

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 08:33:02PM -0600, Shyamal Prasad wrote:

> I don't know if it is maintained or not, but there is no real need to
> update it. Since it is a net install it will always update your system
> as soon as you give it a chance.
>
> I use the LordSutch CD, and it will offer to add the security lines to
> your sources.list as part of the install anyway. I don't think I found
> any bugs in the image, so I'm not sure what you want updated.....
>
> Cheers!
> Shyamal

You're right, that most people would immediately update their system
from the security lines, but my experience in the past was that when
security changes came out, they would be integrated into the image.
It is possible to create an entire running system from the little
180MB CD, and I supposed some people do that without connecting to the
net. My reason for asking is not because I'm worried about security,
I'm just curious whether it's being maintained since it wasn't being
update as frequently as it had been.