Re: Highlighted in X, is there a buffer ?

Kent West wrote:

>Bill Moseley wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Thorsten Haude wrote:

>>>* Timothy Ball <timball@tux.org> [2003-02-05 18:27]:

>>>I can't find any thing horrible in this text.
>>>

>>I actually like two buffers.  Not that it always works.
>>
>>Although what I don't like is
>>
>>- double-click a URL in some text in xterm
>>- move to mozilla
>>- click in the Location box
>>- move hand keyboard to type ^U to clear
>>- move hand back
>>- middle click to paste
>>
>>I'm sure someone will point out an easier way.
>>
>>At least in Opera I can right click and select "Clear" to keep from moving
>>my hand too and from the keyboard.

>It's kind of ugly, but what I do is click at the very front of the URL
>I'm replacing, then middle click to paste, then move hand to keyboard
>and Shift-End, Delete, Enter, move hand back to mouse if needed. Your
>method seems better if you're going back to the mouse anyway; mine seems
>better if you plan to stay at the keyboard. But you're right, a better
>method would be nice.

Hmm, similar here.  X and icewm--no desktop;
	1.	Drag with left button to select, or
		left click to set the start, then move to the end of the block
		and right click to select everything in between,
	2.	In the browser, left button and drag to select current URL, and
	3.	Middle click to paste/overwrite,
	4.	Click "go" or press <enter>.

It seems that in many, if not all, X apps Ctl[axcv] and shift-left click
mimic the same commands in Windows.  In addition you have cut/copy/paste
in xterm and console.  Try that in DOS.
--
gt                                           kk5st@sbcglobal.net
"Well, you order it from the 'Society of Hardware and Information