Re: HP Jetadmin printer tools fro Debian?

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, stan wrote:

> Remote configuration, downlaoding configs, and most important of all
> monitoring for things like "out of paper", and jam. I have one of my
> computers use festival to announce these things.

Well, JetDirect supports syslog servers, I have one out there that
annoyingly tells me when it's out of paper or out of toner, etc.  Haven't
gotten to it yet to tell it to shut up and not bother me again.

Remote config can be done via the telnet or web interfaces quite easily.

Hmm, why don't I just do that on the annoying printer?!

Mike