Re: Demand PPP

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003 03:47, David Raeker-Jordan wrote:
> I know that this question has been asked recently, but I obviously must be
> missing something because I cannot get PPP to work on demand.

I recently set up something similar on my home firewall box.

Are you able to dial out using something like:
# pppd call provider

In my case, changing the script line from something like:
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/provider"

to something like:
connect "/etc/chatscripts/provider"

made it work, however I think I'm currently using a modified wvdial script.

I also had to add an entry:
user <username>

to make PAP authentication with my ISP work.

Do the messages in /var/log/messages suggest that you have a firewall enabled?

Sorry I don't have my exact configuration handy here.  I might be able to get
it and mail it to you later.

Feel free to post most information, questions, or answers here, and I'll try
to help.

--
Michael Wardle
Adacel Technologies