Re: imapd hanging connections?

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 10:07:27AM -0500, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> On my debian unstable system I have:
> ii  uw-imapd       2002b.debian-5 remote mail folder access server
> ii  uw-imapd-ssl   2002b.debian-5 Dummy upgrade package for uw-imapd

better use the imap part of courier

Be aware that courier uses maildir.

> My wife connects to this via Mozilla from her desktop (win 2000 for
> now).  Often she'll click the little X to close the window.  When she
> opens a new session it usually won't allow her to connect.  A "ps" on my
> mailserver shows multiple imapd's running.  When I kill them off she can
> connect just fine.

Maybe the number of connections that are allowed from a certain IP
address is limited, or the number of imapd's that can be run
simultaneously is limited. Maybe it helps to reduce the
max. connection time so that connections time out early and not so
many imapd's are running.

GH