Re: columbia -- what really happened

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 01:05 am, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Hal Vaughan <hal@thresholddigital.com> writes:
> > 3) Please, all those in other countries, do not hold Dub-ya up as an
> > example, or an American ideal.  Far less than 1/2 of elegible voters
> > voted him into office.
>
> Considering only about 40% of all eligible voters in the US actually
> casted votes, that's not very surprising...

I wasn't going to go into those numbers, but that's true.  And considering
that he lost the popular vote, even allowing leeway for rounding off, this
guy got into office with less than a quarter of all eligible voters actually
voting for him.

I hate to say this, because I don't like Bush, don't trust him (this is the
guy who isn't sure if he's going into Iran, but the Washington post has
sources that say he made up his mind last summer), but any country with that
low a turnout deserves whatever idiot running the country that they get.

Hal