Re: columbia -- what really happened

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 19:03, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 03:39:09PM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> > Pigeon wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh yes they do... see Matthew 17:20
> >
> > Faith moves mountains? Okay. Show me. Just use faith, no explosives or
> > earth-moving equipment. You can't? What a surprise.
>
> Please, both of you, we can do without The Great God Debate on
> debian-user ... if you don't agree with somebody else's religious
> beliefs, just ignore it or take it to private mail.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

From 1994 or '95, when the rumour circulated that Microsoft wanted to
buy THE Roman Catholic Church (Pope and all - thankfully the Bible is
out of copyright protection):

	Our Father, who art in Redmond
	Bill be thy name.
	Should Windows 95 come,
	Thy Word be run
	On Earth as it is in Redmond.
	Give us this day our Conventional Memory
	And forgive us our GPFs
	As we forgive those GPFs that crash our systems
	And leave us not at the Blue Screen of Death.
	For thine is the BASIC, the DOS and the Windows,
	For ever and NT
	Press any key to continue...

And may that conclude the reading of the debate about responsibility
regarding the loss of the Columbia and those pioneers that sought to
contribute to the collective wealth of knowledge, and hope, by their
bravery and dedication to their fellow humans. May it also acknowledge
that this is a venue for the addressing of questions and problems people
encounter on occasion in the installation, configuration, and upkeep of
Debian GNU/Linux. It is also for some mutual advocacy of Debian and of
one another in our use of Debian GNU/Linux.

There is almost certainly numerous discussion forums now available for
debating aspects of Columbia, political support and decisions around it,
religion and such matters - please peruse such topics in the appropriate
environments.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org