Re: xine audio gui setting

> I've gone into the gui setup, and under the audio tab for "audio driver
> to use" field the default is null.  I suspect that explains the lack of
> sound, but I'm at a loss as to what to put it there.

I ran into the exact same problem recently and this is what I did:
Start xine from a terminal window and observe the output.  It will contain a
long list of checks regarding the drivers and codecs that it can find and
use.  This led me down the path of installing and configuring a driver for
my sound card that xine could use.  There are a number of threads that give
good starting points once you know what driver you need.  In my case it was
the OSS-compatible driver supplied by Creative for a SB Live.

There should be a way to display the console output from any application
that gets launched form an X-based gui, but it hasn't quite made my
round-tuit list yet.  (read the disk corruption thread).

HTH,
Jonathan