Re: Need RAID0 recommendations

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 10:28, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> I've got two identical 45 GB drives, but unfortunately I can only use
> one at the moment since I've got 3 other IDE devices already connected.
> I'd like to get a good RAID board and just set them up as RAID0. Any
> suggestions on a good (preferably not too expensive) board? I'm running
> a constantly updated Sid system. TIA. :)

I just set up some servers running the 3ware Escalade 7500-8 cards...
They're pretty nice pieces of hardware.

Of course, you'd be more interested in the 7500-4 or 7000-2. The -4 can
do RAID5 in hardware as well. The -2 is about $110, the -4 is about
$250.

Best of all, they're supported by the default Linux kernel.

-B

--
Brandon High                                          bhigh@epinions.com
Epinions, Inc.                                 Unix System Administrator