Re: CD Player no sound

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 12:29:02PM +0100, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My sound is working fine, but when I want to play an audio-cd I hear nothing,
> Noatun works fine, system sound works fine but when I open the cd-player I
> hear nothing. The program doesn't crash like XMMS there's just no sound.
> /dev/dsp is chmodded to 666, my soundcard uses the cmpci driver, used sound
> system is in auto-detect mode.
>
> What do I have to set to get sound from the cd-player?

Hope this isn't a silly question, but have you fitted the audio cable
from the CD-ROM drive to the sound card? If normal CD playing doesn't
work but this does (with -D parameter suitably adjusted)

cdda2wav -q -e -D/dev/cdrom -N -B 2>/dev/null

open up the case and make sure that audio cable's there!

Pigeon