Re: vpn recommendation?

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 21:55, will trillich wrote:

> freeswan - IPSEC utilities for FreeSWan
> secvpn - Secure Virtual Private Network (secvpn)
> tunnelv - Encrypted network connection within a TCP/IP connection
> vpnd - Virtual Private Network Daemon
> pptp-linux - Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) Client
> pptpd - PoPToP Point to Point Tunneling Server
> tinc - Virtual Private Network daemon
> cipe-source - Encrypted IP tunnels over UDP (source)
> cipe-common - Common files for CIPE VPN software
>
> and for vpn'ing from BEHIND a firewall, it's possible to just
> port-forward the vpn port from publicIP-to-vpnserverIP, right?
> or is there more handwaving involved?

I'm using a package called OpenVPN. It's running between 2 hosts, both
behind ipchains packet-filters. It just sits there and works whenever I
want it to, so I think it's great.

But I've never seen it in a list of recommendations here or on
securityfocus. Is there something I'd like to know?

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com