Re: URGENT broken dependencies

Please learn how to ask good questions, especially with the subject
line...

Good:  libc6: How to downgrade?
Better:  libglib1.2: How to install?

The second one is better because it states the goal without assuming a
specific course of action.

Bad:  Anything with "urgent," "help me," or words to similar effect.
Likely, you expect these words to cause people to go "Oh, I think this
guy needs help more than other folks" and reprioritize thier email
reading around you.  More likely, however, these words just scream
"selfish idiot" and the message to which they're heading deleted.

This is preventable, ESR tells you how.

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 12:14:19AM -0800, Joris Huizer wrote:
> I had a look around via google but this is a rather
> specific prob so that's probably why I don't find
> anything relevant on it.

Keywords?

> It's because they say I need libglib1.2 - which didn't
> seem to be present - and now the stuff is not well.

Before you go make assumptions, try apt-cache search libglib, see if
you find what you're looking for.

> How can I make apt-get install the libc6 2.2.5-11.2 -
> which is a downgrade ? whe I say apt-get install libc6
> the prog says it's allready the newest version ...

Switch to an older distro.  Almost everying depends on libc6, and if
you downgrade libc6, you're probably going to have to downgrade
everything that depends on it.

> PS: sorry for double posting but I think because of
> the big number of posts on the list yesterday my
> message wasn't seen. - I've seen no replies on it

See the top of this message for the likely culprit and fix.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user