Re: vpn recommendation?

will trillich said:

> and for vpn'ing from BEHIND a firewall, it's possible to just
> port-forward the vpn port from publicIP-to-vpnserverIP, right?
> or is there more handwaving involved?

provided your not using IPSec yes. IPSec works just barely behind
a firewall, I wouldn't reccomend it(e.g. freeswan)

just had a discussion about this on a redhat mailing list, I reccomend
vtun, though I don't see it in the list(vtun.sourceforge.net), works
extremely well.

another guy firmly reccomended CIPE, haven't tried it myself, but it's
probably good too.

the redhat list thread:
https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/redhat-list/2003-January/thread.html#166575

just a few days ago..