Konqueror and tar.gz

Hello,

Lemme first express condolences and grief with regards the tragic loss of the
crew members aboard Columbia. I think they were a very courageous lot to
undertake the risks for the advancement of mankind. Pray that God looks after
them and their families.

I've noticed a behaviour within Konqueror right from KDE 3.0.4,at first I
thought it was a bug, but it's still there in KDE 3.1 therefore I think that
maybe there is some kinda configuration that could set things
right...something I have wrong.

When I open up a .tar.gz file under Konqueror I see it's contents, if I copy
this and paste it to another location (I hope this is the right method to
unzip from Konqueror) then I've seen that the unzip happens much much much
slower than using the tar command. It's slow enough for it to be quite
unusable for huge files.

Have other ppl noticed this in Konqueror? Since it was in 3.0.4 and 3.1 is it
something that can be improved with some config or is it a bug??

Thanks