Re: Desktop environment---what am I missing?

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:11:51 -0800 (PST),
nate wrote:

> Mike M said:
>
> > What email clients and browsers do you use?
>
> my primary browser is phoenix 0.5. I also make use of mozilla
> 1.0 and opera 6.11. usually to reduce the risk of lost data
> during browser crashes.

Strangely I find Konqueror to be the most robust browser this
side of Antartica. Or maybe Apple is just play wrong to rely on
its rendering and javascript engine. On at least one site
Konqueror is the only thing standing between me and M$. No, I
don't have a KDE desktop.

> my mail client is squirrelmail(webmail). at work I started with
> netscape 4 for mail then moved to mozilla once it got stable
> enough for use. console email clients don't seem to have the
> features I need.

What features? I'm using (gasp?) an Emacs mail client (see
User-Agent string). As backup I have either mutt or
sylpheed-claws, which has a nice manual (as opposed to the
configured automation of mailfilter or popsneaker)
delete-before-download function.