Re: columbia -- what really happened

On Sunday 02 February 2003 12:11, Jeremy Gaddis wrote:

> "To test the technology the Columbia space shuttle was fitted
> with an embedded PC that has a 233 MHz processor, 128 MB of RAM
> and a solid-state 144 MB hard drive."
>
> "The computer is running Red Hat, a version of the Linux operating
> system, and is maintaining a connection with the Goddard Space
> Flight Center which will try to contact the onboard PC more than
> 140 times over the duration of the shuttle mission STS-107."
>
> hmm, space shuttle running redhat.  that explains everything.

We are debian lovers. We surely will say, "well, it was RedHat, that explains
everything", but other's outside the community might say "well it was Linux,
that explains everything".

I can see M$ ads, claiming that "How the use of Linux led to the death of 7
bright civilianz"

Cheers

--
"Dismiss the weak and inferior, embrace the
 Evil and Possess your Box  before the beast

Aryan