Re: Mplayer - Divx avi videos run too fast!

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 12:58:40PM +0800, Elijah wrote:
> I've been using mplayer for awhile now using my mpegs but it seems divx
> video runs faster than audio could finish. I've tried -autosync 10000
> and things started to slow down a bit for a few seconds, later on video
> starts to run ahead from audio. Video and sound is not synching right.

You have what is technically known as "a shitty rip."  You're best off
either using mencoder to try and re-encode it with the video synched
up.  Better yet, get a decent rip and avoid having to play around with
that video's bogotronics.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user