Re: vim ":make" -- "unmatched `" error

* will trillich (will@serensoft.com) [030201 20:11]:
> i'm in vim, i'm editing like a madman (nothing else explains it)
> and i write out my changes
>
> 	:w<cr>
>
> and then i do a make:
>
> 	:make<cr>
>
> which displays
>
> 			<== blank line, here>
> 	Unmatched `.
> 	all up-to-date
> 			<== blank line, again>
> 	Hit ENTER or type command to continue

<snip>

> (i did recently change my tcsh "complete" pattern for make:
>
> 	% complete make
> 	'n/-f/f/' 'p@*@`perl -ne 'if (/^([^\s#.][-\w.%]+)\s*:/) {print "$1 "}' Makefile`@'

Well, I don't know my tcsh, but it looks to me like you probably want
something like this instead:

'n/-f/f/' 'p@*@`perl -ne \'if (/^([^\s#.][-\w.%]+)\s*:/) {print "$1 "}\' Makefile`@'

(note the escaped ticks)

But again, I don't know anything about tcsh completions.

> but surely that's unrelated...)

Why do you think it's unrelated?  It's the only place you're using any
backticks, right?

good times,
Vineet
--