Re: install ant package

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 06:42:46PM -0500, Titus Barik wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I'm running Debian testing. I'd like to install the ant package without
| installing Samble VM, as I am already using the Sun JDK 1.4 compiler.
| How can I accomplish this?

I assume the problem is dependency resolution.  You have a couple of
options :

1)  Add one of the blackdown mirrors to your sources list and install
    the j2sdk1.4 package.  This will satisfy any java deps by
    providing a JVM.

2)  apt-get install java-virtual-machine-dummy.  This will satisfy the
    package system's deps, but won't actually provide your system with
    a JVM.

-D

--
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet