Re: One NAT'ed machine fails.

Bill Moseley said:

> www.lego.com.http: S [ECN-Echo,CWR] 632915726:632915726(0) win 5840 <mss
> 1460,sackOK,timestamp 55056307 0,nop,wscale 0> (DF) 15:47:19.784555
> bumby.41055 > www.lego.com.http: S [ECN-Echo,CWR] 632915726:632915726(0)
> win 5840 <mss 1460,sackOK,timestamp 55057507 0,nop,wscale 0> (DF)

that kernel on the client there has ECN support enabled, disable it
and it should work. ECN is, off the top of my head, some modern method
for detecting congested network pipes, it is incompadible with some
routers or ip stacks on some systems preventing communication with
them. So, if you have this problem it's best to turn ECN off, in
the 2.4.x kernel menuconfig it's in the networking options section.

I would expect default debian kernels to have this off, so maybe you
compiled your own kernel and turned it on?

it's a common issue

nate