gnomemeeting/kde madness

Greetings List,

I'm using debian sarge, and am trying to install gnomemeeting using apt-get
Apt-get however insists on deleting everything related to kde before it wants
to install the necessary libs for gnomemeeting.
What's this for madness then ? Can't i have both gnome and kde living happily
side by side when running debian ? Surely there must be a way !
Did i not do something i should have, or is something other going on ???

This is what i get when attempting to install gnomemeeting:

subzero:~# apt-get install gnomemeeting
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  libbonoboui2-0 libbonoboui2-common libfam0c102 libgnome2-0
  libgnomeui-0 libgnomevfs2-0 libgnomevfs2-common
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  kate kchart kdebase-libs kdelibs3 kdelibs3-bin kformula kivio
  koffice koffice-libs kontour koshell kpresenter kspread kugar
  kword libfam0 libkonq3
  gnomemeeting libbonoboui2-0 libbonoboui2-common libfam0c102
  libgnome2-0 libgnomeui-0 libgnomevfs2-0 libgnomevfs2-common
0 packages upgraded, 8 newly installed, 17 to remove and 2  not upgraded.
Need to get 978kB/2181kB of archives. After unpacking 51.5MB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

It seems pretty ridiculous to me that apt-get wants to remove all kde related
files in order to install one gnome program. What's going on ???

Regards,

Alain
--
	"I am too sexy for my code"