Re: Samba + LDAP

Curtis Vaughan said:

> So, just to make sure I'm doing this right. I am going to install the  sid
> samba package on a woody server. If I temporarily change my
> sources.list for sid, run apt-get install [the samba package], then I
> should also get just those dependencies I need, right? Then I can edit  my
> sources.list back to woody and go forward.
>
> Or is there a better approach?

apt-get source samba and rebuild it on woody. if you get the dependencies
of samba from sid you'll probably get sid's libc6 as well which you probably
don't want.

I reccomend samba-tng over samba for PDC stuff, the -tng branch is much
more advanced, has more features(more PDC-like) then samba(in general)
though it's been a while(march 2002) since I last tried samba as a PDC

nate