Re: starcraft on wine

Andrei Smirnov wrote:
a black screen
and i didint found any solutions on winehq and such

Here the situation:
Debian 3.0 with 4.1.0 X
craft runs under wine with sound but without graphics (with a black screen)
i tried to change bpp, resolutions ... on bpp 8 640x480 it not work at all

on the other hand, heroes4 runs completely with graphics and even some demos
do please help..

That's funny, it's doing the same thing to be and I almost positive that it used to work[I haven't tried to play in a while and upgraded wine since the last time I played]. Strike that, it did that the first time I tried it when I didn't mount my cd first, all subsequent attempts have succeeded[though it is pretty crappy performance for the quality of the box...] bpp 15 640x480 seems to work best. You might want to look at <http://koti.mbnet.fi/~hoppq/sc-howto.html>