Re: 384mb RAM installed but 57mb recognized at bootup..........huh ?

Derrick dman Hudson said:

> Yes, unless it is old PC133 memory which was really PC100/PC133.  In the
> last couple months I discovered that PC133 memory is no longer made to be
> backwards compatible with PC100.

curious what memory and motherboard you experienced this on? Perhaps
it was a memory density issue, 32megabit memory vs 16megabit memory.
e.g. 32megabit PC133 doesn't have a chance of working in my AOpen AP5T-3,
or my FIC PA2013, or Asus P2L97-DS since they require 16 megabit memory,
sometimes boards will recognize half the memory stick if they need
16mb and you put in a 32megabit stick..but most of the time the boards
won't even POST.

Last time I bought ram was about 7 months ago, would be good to know
if this is the case though, everything I run uses SDRAM, no DDR or
RDRAM.

nate