Re: HDD general (was: RE: HDD clicking)

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 04:13:27PM -0500, Daniel Barclay wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> > If it's a desktop box, don't worry about letting them spin down at
> > all, your speakers probably draw more power than your hard drive.
>
> Have you even felt how warm disk drives get?

Yes.  But this goes with any piece of mechanical equipment.  Look at
what's going in to it:  12V, DC.  Anything you could run easily off a
battery purchased at Radio Shack is adding maybe a penny to your power
bill a month.  Less than that outside the Pacific Northwest, we're
still stuck paying for California's share of the electric bill.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user