Re: ntpd not keeping time

> Hello all. I've got this weird problem with ntpd. Up until now I've never
> had ntpd fail me. But on this one box I've got the clock speeding up by 30
> minutes each day. I've got ntpd installed and configured properly with
> working ntp servers. In fact, ntpdate sets the clock properly, but ntpd is
> failing to keep the clock in sync with the ntp servers.

try 'ntptrace <host>'

sample:
defiant:/home/aphro# ntptrace redhat.aphroland.org
redhat.aphroland.org: stratum 2, offset 0.001617, synch distance 0.07616
time.nist.gov: stratum 1, offset 0.001895, synch distance 0.00000, refid 'ACTS'

nate

(redhat.aphroland.org is not accessable from the internet so don't bother
trying to query it :) )