Re: find a command i have recently used in bash

-- Sandip P Deshmukh <deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com> wrote
(on Wednesday, 29 January 2003, 07:51 PM +0530):
> i am sure there must be a way of doing it. i am not getting it though.
>
> let us say, i have done ls -l , etc etc
> then i have done a few more commands at the prompt.
>
> now, i want to use that ls command again. is there a way inwhich i can
> reach it quickly? for instance, i type ls and some other key and bash
> completes from history?

I don't know about that, but if you hit your up-arrow, it will scroll
backwards through the command history -- I do this a lot to save on
keystrokes.

(Note: Hitting down-arrow will then take you forward through the
history, but only after you've gone backwards.)

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net