very very strange bash/sed bug !!

Hi,

it's been a loong time I have a bug on my system: ./libtool is
incorrectly generated by ./configure. I haven't been able to correct it
for months.

Today I discovered where lies the bug: it's somewhere between bash and
sed.

First and foremost, I'm running debian/unstable, and have sed 3.02-8.1,
bash 2.05b-6 and libtool 1.4.3-5 (but it's been there since several
versions).

Now the bug:

echo xx >lt1
echo xx >lt2
sed '' /usr/share/libtool/ltmain.sh >>lt1
sed '' /usr/share/libtool/ltmain.sh |less >>lt2
diff lt1 lt2

They differ !!! And surprisingly, only lt2 is correct !

If anyone could try to help me find why my intallation does that, I'd
appreciate much. I already tried reinstalling the concerned packages,
but no luck.

	Xav