Re: I810 video problems

Cory Rudder wrote:

>I have a problem with X on my computer. I have an intel i810 board, with
>debian 3.0r1 , and xfree86 4.1.0.
>when I start X it tries to work then the server crashes. The error is
>"modprobe: Can't locate module "i810"" \n [drm] failed to load kernel module
>"i810". Modprobe doesn't locate i810 or agpgart , but /dev/agpgart does
>exist with 777 permissions ( i found a post about a permissions issue so I
[...]

lsmod will verify whether agpgart is installed.

The i810 video is a choice offered in configuring xfree86 4.1.x.  Look
at the devices section of your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

See /usr/share/doc/xserver-xfree86/README.i810

--
gt                                           kk5st@sbcglobal.net
"Well, you order it from the 'Society of Hardware and Information