Re: mouse installed wrong

snooker tb wrote:

Hi,

I have installed woody and kde 3.04. When choosing the mouse there didn't seem to be a good pick for my generic wheel mouse. Now in KDE the mouse and two buttons work, but the wheel/click do not.

How do I fix this, or where can I go to read about and fix. I searched the debian docs to no avail.

bill

The relevant configuration file is /etc/X11/XF86Config, which you can edit manually.

But you may be better off to run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and this time 'round choose the IMPS/2 mouse.

You can also search the Debian mail list archives for "mouse" and/or "wheel-mouse" etc.

Kent