Re: Sun java in testing

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 04:40:40PM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

| "Unable to initialize threads: can not find class /java/lang/Threads"

That means the JVM couldn't find "rt.jar" (as it's called in jdk >=
1.2, I don't remember the 1.1 name anymore).  Hmm, as I recall, old
JVMs (eg 1.1.x) would only use the classpath specified by -classpath
if it was specified.  That means that if you specified a classpath, it
would automatically forget where rt.jar was.  You have to add that to
the classpath too.  A real pain.  That's why with jdk >= 1.2 there is
-classpath and -bootclasspath, the latter is where rt.jar (and the
like) can be specified, and the VM doesn't forget how to find rt.jar
if you specify -classpath.  Nonetheless, I recommend installing the
j2re1.4 package provided by blackdown and leave 1.1 behind.

-D

--
Windows, hmmm, does it come with a GUI interface that works or just
pretty blue screens?

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/