Re: Module parameters

This one time, at band camp, Andrew M. Lindley said:
> Hello,
>
> Two questions - how do I find out what parameters a module accepts (which
> part of the kernel source if thats where you look)?
>
> And how do you get a driver to work with 2 network cards (two ne2000:s).
>
> TIA - Andrew

You can look at the kernel code if you like, but yikes!  It's kind of
messy in there at times.  The easiest way to get the information is to
what you've just done, and ask here.

It looks like you want to set up two NICs that use the same module.  No
problem:

alias eth0 ne2000
alias eth1 ne2000

in some file under /etc/modutils (make up a new one, or add to an
existing one if you want)  Then run update-modules, and it should work.
If you need to pass parameters (IO, etc) to each module, do it on the
same line:

alias eth0 ne2000 options . . .
alias eth1 ne2000 options . . .

HTH,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Experience is what causes a person to   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | make new mistakes instead of old ones.  |