backport of ICH4 IDE support

It is my understanding that the current 2.5 kernel has support for various
DMA modes on the Intel ICH4 chipset. I don't really want to be running an
experimental kernel, however, so I'd like to find a backport patch for a
2.4-series kernel. I've spent a fair amount of time with Google, but I
still haven't found anything.

Does anyone know if such a patch has been prepared by anyone, or where it
might be found? Is there an apt-gettable package, by any chance?

Thanks,
--Greg