Bunch of musicians in a tent [was: Re: Gimp Print Problem]

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 11:36:55AM -0500, Thomas H. George,,, wrote:
> How do I get back to Band Camp?

OK, I've seen this once too often now. I've just got to ask:

What is a Band Camp?
Why does "get back to Band Camp" mean "fix my system"?
Why do so many people quote emails with "This one time, at band camp..."?
And why the odd phrase "This one time"? Is it a quote from something?

Sorry, but this peculiar expression is doing my head in.

Pigeon