Re: what's fstype 83? "Linux"?

will trillich said:

> ideas? (i think this was my slink disk drive -- i'd like to use
> it to alleviate some space pressure on my woody server...)

what does e2fsck say for those drives you cannot mount? Try running
a read-only pass on them. I can't imagine why the newer kernel would
be unable to mount a slink partition(though I can see it happening
the other way around), though I haven't personally tried it.

and partition type 83 is linux yes, but it's just a partition type,
many kinds of filesystems can reside in there.

nate