Re: lm-sensors

Thakns for the reply, so what I did:

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:42:47 -0500
David Z Maze <dmaze@debian.org> wrote:

| mess-mate <messmate@tiscali.fr> writes:
| > Sorry to post this message twice..
| > I'm unable to get lm-sensors working.
| > MB asus P4T533-R with P4.
| > Installed lm-sensors-source, compiled, patched the kernel and reinstalled
| > the kernel (2.4.20) inclusif i2c.
|
| Maybe you could explain in a little more detail what you did?  The
| lm-sensors-source package is intended to be built as a set of add-on
| modules; you should be able to unpack /usr/src/lm-sensors.tar.gz and
| run 'make-kpkg modules-image' from the top of your kernel source tree
| to get the modules, without patching your kernel.
The  source packages unpacked in a /home/user.
Then in this dir :
mkpatch/mkpatch.pl . /usr/src/linux > i2c-patch (for the new i2c package)
cd /usr/src/linu
su
Password : ********
patch -p1 -E < /home/user/i2c-2.6.3/i2c-patch
cd /home/user/lm_sensors-2.6.3
mkpatch/mkpatch.pl . /usr/src/linux > lm-patch
patch -p1 -E < /home/user/lm_sensors-2.6.3/lm-patch
cd /usr/src/linux
make xconfig and selected everything as a module sensors/i2c
make dep ; make bzImage ; make modules ; make modules_install (old way)
After that a 'sensors-detect' with nothing detected.
Then a i2c-detect and detected a i2c-0 device.
That's exactly what I did.
I have sensor devices, the bios display temp's and fan's.