Extra pages printed, CUPS & Samba

Greetings,

I have a Samba server (2.999+3.0.alpha, current sid version) and cupsys
(1.1.18-2, current sid version) server running on a single computer,
with a series of networked printers.  My Linux clients use
cupsys-client, and print successfully to all printers.  Ditto my
Macintosh users (Jaguar, printers installed using PPD's).

But my Windows users, connecting to the printers via Samba, are having
trouble.  On the black and white printers (HP 4000 series) everything is
fine, but on the color printers (Phaser 850, Phaser XR-8200) every job
is followed by two pieces of paper.  On the 850, these are blank, and on
the 8200, they show a couple PostScript errors.

This started when I installed a new server and moved from woody to sid,
so I suspect it has something to to with the pstoraster -> gs-esp change.

Any ideas, fixes?

Thanks,

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley           email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu
IARC -- Frontier Program          Please use encryption.  GPG key at: