Re: External serial modem advice ?

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 11:59, Dave Selby wrote:
> On Sunday 26 January 2003 1:56 pm, Pigeon wrote:
> > >
> > > Yup.  Wedge it under a door and it'll keep the door open.
> >
> > Or, you can cut off most of the PCB, and connect the line sockets to a
> > spare disk drive power connector, via a wee regulator if necessary.
> > Then you can plug a suitable cable into them to supply power to your
> > external serial modem.
> >
> > If you have plasterboard walls, you can then use the cut-off PCB to
> > pretend to be a ninja, throwing it like a death star and watching it
> > embed itself in the wall.
> >
> > Pigeon
>
> No sorry I just cant agree, I used the winmodem as a door stop and jabbed my
> toe, I cut it up and threw it at the wall, it didnt stick
>
> Conclusion ....
>
> WINMODEMS ARE TOTALLY USELESS !!!

Well you can't just break the PCBs into random pieces!  You must care-
fully cut the pieces, then lovingly sharpen the edges, so that they
can latherlessly shave you smooth.

THEN they will stick it then wall.

(Of course, if anyone other than your geekiest friends saw you shaving
with a sharpened PCB, you'd be sent straight to the funny farm...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Fear the Penguin!!"                                          |