Re: scsi HD install Problem

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 12:55:03AM +0100, Mikkel wrote:
> Hi
>
> How do i install Debian on my scsi HD?

It should be straightforward. The installation kernels seem to support
most SCSI interface cards, so the installer will recognise your SCSI
drive. When you get to "Partition a hard disk" you can choose /dev/sda
for your first SCSI drive, /dev/sdb for the second... et voila. The
fact that it's SCSI not IDE doesn't matter.

If this doesn't work it probably means your SCSI card is not supported
by the installation kernel, in which case come back to the list with
the model of your SCSI card.

If your BIOS can't boot from SCSI disks you'll need an IDE disk to
boot from; it won't have to hold very much so any old IDE disk will
do. Or you could boot from floppy, or even CD-ROM though I think that
would be a pain.

By and large Linux supports SCSI disks just as well as IDE, so you
shouldn't have a problem.

Pigeon