Re: motherboard choice

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 01:17:19AM +1100, mobtek mobtekl wrote......

> Hi all, looking at motherboards for a new system, anyone installed
> debian on a box with an ASUS P4PE i845PE P4 motherboard?

Yes.  I installed Debian 3.0 on an Asus P4PE with the 845PE chipset back
in Nov/Dec on my son's machine.  No problems except this board had the
built-in Gigabit ethernet, so I wasn't able to get it connected to our
LAN.  At that time the standard Debian installation didn't seem to
support the 1G/sec ethernet.  So I left it as an unresolved issue since
my son typically uses Windows so he can play certain games.

I have since looked at a more recent Debian installation disk and if I'm
not mistaken, there is now a mod for the Gigabit.  Will give it another
go with the new installation disk in a week or two when time permits.
But other than that, Debian seems to run just fine on the P4PE.

Kevin

--
Kevin Coyner
mailto: kevin@rustybear.com