re: for making /var bigger

One method I like to use when running short on space, and cleaning up
crud that I feel I don't need doesn't help, is to buy another hard
drive, decide how much space I'll probably need for say /var/log. Then I
simply move everything from /var/log into the /mnt/newdrive, edit fstab
to indicate that the new partition gets mounted onto /var/log and tada.
More drive space. I used to do the symlink thing, but that often lead to
spaghetti symlinks, becoming more of a headache to manage than the lack
of space was.

Anyway, that's just my 2c.

Sean