Re: Mouse Problem

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 11:17:22AM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi, rm@ednf.org and Pigion,
>
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 05:04:58PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> > echo -n '\377' > /dev/psaux should reset the mouse.
>
> Pigion, great info. Thanks. Where did you find this trick.  Is there
> similar for keyboad?  Does thiis work for USB?

Found it on Adam Chapweske's page about emulating PS/2 mice with PIC
microcontrollers. Sorry, haven't got the whole URL available but a google
search for ~achapwes mouse.html should fill in the blanks.

Keyboard - I think most keyboards only use unidirectional signalling,
so probably not. Which is a pity.

USB - Quite probably. I don't have a USB mouse, but it seems that they
send/receive PS/2 format data over the USB interface, so I'd be fairly
surprised if it didn't work. /dev/psaux would have to be changed of
course, to /dev/input/mice it would seem.

Pigeon