Re: tune2fs ext2 -> ext3

On 2003.01.25 04:08 Dave Selby wrote:
Im planning to turn my ext2 to an ext3 .... after a system crash due
to a
winmodem driver running with dependency problems ..

OK I get the bit about

tune2fs -j /dev/hda2

I dont get the bit about

touch /forcefsck ????

touch changes the file timestamps ? I cant find a reference to
forcefsck in
its man or info pages. Is it a switch of some kind ?

I can understand doing a fsck, but this command sequence has thrown me
!!

Can anyone shed light ??

Dave

I believe the bootscripts use the presence of this file, to force a fsck ..

/forcefsck is a filename, not a switch - so you're asking the system to make sure the filesystem's good next time it boots.

HTH, Shaun