Powerpc floppy net install

When in the woody installer from floppy on a powermac 7500/G3/500/64ram/cd and doing a network install from the lan, I am consistently getting the following error:

wget: www.debian.org: Host name lookup failure

Attempting to access the console results in a kernel panic or total freeze which I must force restart.

The 7500 has two scsi hard drives. The one with mac os 8.6 can connect to the internet on the lan and to www.debian.org without problem.

I have been unable to finish the installation this way. What could be the problem with that url if it works on the mac os?

The gateway is a mac G4 and serves the lan via DHCP through a router.

I tried to make a woody CD-RW from the correct iso file on the G4 to boot the 7500 but it will not boot. That is why I am left with the floppy install.

How can I fix the host name looukup failure?

Is there any other way I can get debian installed on the 7500 considering that the CD method won't work?

Thanks