Re: [HELP] ALSA won't work though installed properly

J. L. wrote:
Hello People,

Recently i re-installed my linux-system to stable and upgraded to
kernel-2.4.20, since i'm using an ABIT-AT7-MAX motherboard i had to
install ALSA-SOURCE 0.9 wich is the only package supporting the Realtek
ALC650 (VIA8233A) Chipset. I have installed ALSA and configured my
system accordingly.

lsmod give the output below wich i suppose should be correct :

snd-pcm-oss            36000   1 (autoclean)
snd-mixer-oss           9084   1 (autoclean) [snd-pcm-oss]
apm                     9536   2 (autoclean)
snd-via8233             4904   2
snd-pcm                49280   0 [snd-pcm-oss snd-via8233]
snd-timer              10600   0 [snd-pcm]
snd-ac97-codec         22640   0 [snd-via8233]
snd                    25516   0 [snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-via8233
snd-pcm snd-timer snd-ac97-codec]
NVdriver              945536  10

Still i cannot get any sound from my system, the mixer devices work but
xmms and most other sound-related applications simply crash when trying
to play an mp3 or any other file/url.

Can someone please let me know if he/she can come up with a solution ?

Thank You,

joris

This might be a typing oversight, but do you also have the "soundcore" module listed in lsmod? It should be there and used by the "snd" module. Otherwise your modules look fine to me. Dunno what else to tell you....

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-